Wednesday, January 24, 2007

"Nothing else makes such a desperate sound..."

I had a one on one with the principal today. We have to sit and talk about our year and what we'd like for the following year. Somehow we got on the topic of Americorps (i think because i was trying to explain how Americorps and La Salle are fucking me over), and I started talking about my experiences with CY. Suddenly I heard myself, rambling away with no real point. I felt 15 again. That awkward talking where you know that the person isn't really interested but you keep going. Cringe-worthy moment.

Ooooh good song just came on my playlist.

I was going to write more, but I think I am just going to post the soundtrack to life right now and let other people's words speak for me.

"I still love what I know/I love to ride alone and sing a song and listen to the radio/You can ride alone and if you change your mind, well, that's just fine/But there is somethin' that you got to know/Just don't ask me for the for the truth if you choose to lie honey/And don't try to open my door with your skeleton key/Some folks seem to think I only got one problem/I can't find nobody as crazy as me." (Crazy as Me - Alison Krauss)

"Baby said he couldn't stay, wouldn't put his lips to mine, and a fail to kiss is a fail to cope. I said, 'Honey, I don't feel so good, don't feel justified, come on put a little love here in my void.' He said, 'It's all in your head,' and I said, 'So's everything.' But he didn't get it." (Paper Bag - Fiona Apple)

"Cynical town can be tough on an angel, clips her wings baby 1, 2, 3..." (See Her Smile - Tick Tick Boom)

No comments: