Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Broke into the old apartment...

I live in chaos. I always have. I am not a neat person. I'm not a slob, I just creat clutter. That's what makes home to me.

I've been thinking recently about the places I've lived since I moved to Philadelphia after college three years go. (July 3rd marked the three year anniversary.) I've been thinking about my four apartments and five roommates. I loved the apartment on Christian St. with it's minimal furniture, and transient roommates. It's proximity to everything, and it's multicolored living room. I loved the front porch on Spruce St., but mostly loved the company I kept on that front porch. I loved Hazel Ave. though everyone makes fun of my time at "50th and shoot you in the face". It was a small apartment that had a lot of character. I think I just loved living with Elena.

Now, though, I actually feel at home in this fourth apartment.. I have pictures on the walls, and furniture from Gaithersburg. Three years, three apartments, five roommates later... I am comfortable saying that have found a home in Philly.

No comments: