Thursday, July 31, 2008

"It must be summer cause the days are long, and I dial your number but you're gone gone gone."

Jess chastised me for not writing in my blog, and it has been a while, so i might as well write.

"The way that summer fades underneath the weight of it all..."

This summer has been a great so far. Between adventures in Colorado, baseball games, beach trips (not nearly enough though), bar outings, walks through the city, weddings, concerts, and birthdays I don't know where the time has gone. It's been a great few weeks, and with a little under a month left I can only imagine that I will be busy living up my last few weeks of freedom.

It's funny how quickly i fall into a routine for my mornings over the summer. I get up between 9 and 10, I make my coffee, turn on a rerun of a 90s television show, sign on to gmail chat and talk to my mother, graham, and jess. I've done that almost every morning since school has ended. It's very relaxing. It also prevents me from doing anything productive until at least noon.

"Cause I love the way you say 'good morning', and you take me the way I am."

Before I continue with this section: Check out Ingrid Michaelson's CD Boy and Girl, it's fantastic!

So it's been eight months, almost nine, and while I am still ducking with the fear of an impending shoe falling on my head... it's good. It's really good. So of course I'm terrified of it and expect it won't last very long. But he seems to care about me, and he seems to take me for all the bucket of crazy i try so hard to conceal but never get it all.

"I'm a big girl now, see my big girl shoes..."

Okay the picks of the summer so far:

TV shows: How I met your Mother (I know I came three seasons late to this party, but it's damn good), and My Boys

Books: The Story of Edgar Sawtelle, Severance Package

Album: Ingrid Michaelson's Boys and Girls

1 comment:

Unknown said...

How I Met Your Mother is sooooo underrated! I love it. Also check out "The Big Bang Theory", which is on right before or after....also good stuff. ;)